kale, lemon & olive pesto
- makes 2.5 cups
- preparation time
- 5 - 10 minutes
- cooking time
- 2 and 1/2 cups chopped kale, tightly packed
- 1 cup chopped, tightly packed parsley
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 lemon, pips removed and roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup sicilian olives, pitted
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend on a low setting so that the pesto stays nice and chunky. Spoon out into a container and cover. This pesto will keep in the fridge for 5 - 6 days, after then it is best frozen for freshness.
Enjoy spooned onto meats, with eggs or tossed through pasta. Also makes a great antipasto accompaniment.