This frappe is absolutely spot-on for the hot weather we are currently experiencing. The frozen banana whips up like ice-cream and creates a luscious drink that pours into the glass all lovely and chocolatey. The apricot brings lovely sweetness and cuts the need for any added sugars of sorts. Enjoy this frappe as a mid or afternoon snack, or even as breakfast with a piece of grainy toast spread with your favourite toppings.
fruity chocolate frappe
- 2 people
- preparation time
- 5 minutes
- cooking time
- 1 large frozen banana
- 1 apricot, pip removed
- 1/2 avocado
- generous handful of ice
- 4 heaped teaspoons cocao (or cocoa)
- 2/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup milk of choice
- dash vanilla extract
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend till thick and creamy. If you desire a less thick frappe like consistancy then simply add more liquid.
Pour into large glasses and enjoy while still icy and cold.
- Apricots are rich in vitamin A and C and potassium. Potassium helps keep cellular fluid balanced and plays an important role in blood pressure and heart health.
- Experiment with adding other tropical fruit instead (or in addition) to apricot such as mango or nectarines. Fresh berries would also be delicious!
- If using soy milk in your frappe, use a soy that is made from soy bean extract instead of soy protein isolate. Also check your soy for added sugars. Many brands do this and it is simply not needed.
- Avocado adds luscious creaminess to this smoothie without the addition of dairy. Avocado is also rich in mono unsaturated fats and vitamin B5.