A wrap is the ultimate lunch meal that can be pushed in any direction you desire. In summer they can be packed with fresh salads and cold meats, and in the winter months heated or toasted with warming roast vegetables. This recipe shows you how to make a delicious roast vegetable and tahini wrap using left overs for a nourishing and quick meal.
roast vegetable and tahini wrap recipe
- 1 person
- preparation time
- 5 minutes
- cooking time
- 1 gluten free wrap or wholegrain wrap
- left over roast root vegetables such as pumpkin, parsnip, sweet potato or beetroot
- 1 good handful of crunchy lettuce leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 chicken breast shredded
- tahini for drizzling
Heat wrap in a pan and top with all fillings, finishing with a good drizzle of tahini. Roll up and enjoy!
Note: Heating a gluten free wrap in a pan will make it more pliable and less prone to breaking.
nutritional information for roast vegetable and tahini wrap
- Parsley is a fantastic herb! It is alkalising, helps alleviate bad breath and is a great source of vegetarian iron.
- If you don’t have cooked chicken breast on hand, you could use a bought free range pre cooked chicken. Just peel off the skin, as it is where all the added flavours and preservatives are added.
- In warm months, omit the roast vegetables and try tabouli, or washed 4 bean mix or freshly grated beets and carrot. Wraps always need a little moisture, so if not using tahini try avocado, or hummus or homemade mayonnaise if egg tolerant.