There is nothing like the smell of freshly baked bread. I would consider it my favourite aroma. My mums homemade bread wafting through the house is still enough to send my tastebuds into a ridiculous frenzy. This freshly baked gluten free bread is quite easy to bake and holds its texture well for a gluten free thanks to the inclusion of psyllium husks.
freshly baked gluten free bread recipe
- 8-10 thick slices
- preparation time
- 10 minutes
- cooking time
- 65 minutes
- 1 cup of brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup soy flour (or besan flour)
- 1/2 cup arrowroot flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 sachet of rapid yeast (2 tsp)
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 dessertspoon honey
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of water (warm)
- 3 dessert spoons of psyllium husks
- 2 tsp of guar gum
Preheat oven to 180c. Combine dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Combine wet ingredients into a separate bowl and then add in to the dry ingredients. Mix well till combined and put into a well greased bread tin.
Bake for 40 minutes, then cover with tin foil and bake for a further 15 minutes. Allow to cool before slicing…if you can wait!
nutritional information for freshly baked gluten free bread
- The combination of flours in this bread provides sustainable complex carbohydrates. Many gluten free breads are made from refined white rice flours that are devoid of any quality nutrition.
- You could use egg replacer instead of eggs if needed. You could also use a combination of flaxseeds and water.
- Treat this bread as a base recipe and add in extra elements for crunch and texture. Try sunflower seeds, poppy seeds and pepitas or grated orange zest, dried figs and walnuts. The combinations are endless!