The change of season is upon us! Cooler, crisp mornings and shorter days. Whilst many people rejoice in this weather, for some people, this season can also bring a host of other not so welcomed symptoms. Low mood, feeling lethargic, and struggling to get up in the morning may be all too familiar during this season, even resulting in seriously debilitating conditions for some.
For this reason, the JCN Clinic is putting the spotlight on mental health, a topic that is very near and dear to all of us. Mental health and its associated symptoms not only affect the lives of the individuals who are living it, but also the lives of the people around them. It is a complex and multifaceted area and one that involves an individualised treatment approach.
For this reason we have put together the ‘Healthy Body Healthy Mind Package’. As JCN Nutritionists, we understand that treating mental health involves not only the mind, but the entire body and all of it’s intricately woven biochemical systems. Research has now shown us that our mental health is most improved by our diet and nutritional status. Our gut health is at the forefront of all of this. Did you know that 80-90% of our ‘feel-good’ neurotransmitters are made in our gut? Or, that our gut microbes communicate with our nervous system and brain via the vagus nerve, without you evening knowing about it? This is why when it comes to treatment you have to assess the body as whole entity. This program is designed to do just that.
Its concerning to us as practitioners how many people are suffering on a daily basis with mental health issues that go undiagnosed, and how many people are just brushed off as ‘being emotional’, when often there is an underlying cause. This is where we love to step in and say, “hey, those symptoms are not ‘normal’, lets get this sorted!”
here are some common signs and symptoms of dysregulated mental health:
- Consistent low mood, depression or just a general feeling of not being happy
- Anxiety, panic attacks and feeling so overwhelmed that you feel as though you can’t cope
- Unexplained weight gain and/or holding weight in problem areas
- Overthinking every little scenario to the point that it makes you feel sick and anxious
- Feeling exhausted throughout the day, to then have difficulties falling asleep – ‘tired but wired’
- Waking unrefreshed
- Difficulty getting and staying asleep; insomnia
- Feeling unmotivated and flat with no explanation
- Craving carbohydrate-rich foods
- Difficulty coping with stressful situations
The JCN Clinic is excited to offer our ‘Healthy Body, Healthy Mind Package’ that utilises Organic Acid Testing (OAT). The OAT test provides assessment of all varying areas of the body and how they function in unison. This type of testing gives us as your practitioners, a true insight into your gut and biochemical health via the measuring of urinary metabolites.
Standard blood tests do not offer this kind of information, whereas urinary metabolite profiles give us a true picture of the overall orchestration of this activity. We will be able to assess the health of your gut, nervous system, energy cycles and detoxification status.
what’s involved in the package:
- 3 x comprehensive Nutritional Consultations with one of our qualified nutritionists, Jessica Cheney, Emma Tarrant or Carissa Mason.
- Week 1: x1 60 minute initial consultation in which your thorough health history and case will be taken and your OATs test will be ordered (please note the cost of the OATs test + postage and handling is additional). You will also receive an individualised plan to start your treatment (see below)
- Week 3 – 6: x1 45 minute consultation to discuss your test results and your further revised treatment regime with your practitioner
- Week 6 –9: x1 30 minute follow up consultation to track progress and alter any further treatment processes
- You will also receive an individualised meal plan to complement your personal health concerns and test results, along with any further recommended supplementation (only if deemed warranted).
- Lifetime access to the private JCN Community Facebook group where our Nutritionists will provide additional content regarding dietary and lifestyle guidance with lots of yummy food inspiration. The JCN Community group will also provide you with ongoing support and education after the package has finished.
New Clients: $345 (plus testing cost of $335 + GST & postage (additional postage for overseas clients)
Existing Clients: $285 (plus testing cost of $335 + GST & postage (additional postage for overseas clients)
*Payment can be made in 2 part instalments, which can be arranged at your first appointment.
To make a booking, simply visit the JCN online booking system here and choose a time suitable for you in the for your Inital Consultation with Jess Cheney, Emma Tarrant or Carissa Mason. When making the booking, just include the text ‘Healthy Body Healthy Mind Package’ in the comments section. Alternately, feel welcome to pop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us here with any questions, or to make a booking via email.
Nutritional consultations are covered by a variety of health funds, so please check with your insurer to see if you are eligible.
Jessica Cox is a qualified practicing Nutritionist with a Bachelor Health Science (Nutrition) and over 15 years of clinical experience. She is the founder and director JCN Clinic, published author and established recipe developer. Jessica is well respected within health and wellness space for her no fad approach and use of evidence-based nutrition.